COST does not fund research itself.
COST provides funds for organising conferences, meetings, training schools, short scientific exchanges or other networking activities in a wide range of scientific topics. By creating open spaces where people and ideas can grow, we unlock the full potential of science.
COST funding is:
– open to all scientific and technological fields including humanities and social sciences; and to researchers and stakeholders from academia, industry, NGOs and SMEs, and policy-makers;
– focused on excellence;
– bottom-up – gives researchers freedom to freely propose any topic;
– inclusive – actively engaging the whole research community across countries, generations and gender;
– simple – one submission stage and user friendly IT tools; and
– transparent – straightforward application process and independent peer review.
The average COST Action support is EUR 130,000 per annum (dependent on budget availability).