On behalf of the Inspireurope project, we invite you to join a Regional Outreach Workshop to expand opportunities in South East Europe for researchers at risk. The workshop will be held in a hybrid format – on-site as well as online – in Thessaloniki
(venue: Aristotle University Research Dissemination Center- KEDEA), Greece on March 31, 2022.
Organized by Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in cooperation with the InSPIREurope consortium, the workshop will raise awareness and promote collaboration in South East Europe for supporting researchers at risk to continue their careers in a safe work environment in Europe, whether in academia, business, NGOs, think tanks or other sectors. It, also, aims to discuss challenges and good practices and provide useful guidelines for national-level actions in Europe in support of researchers at risk. Funding opportunities for Universities willing to host researchers at risk will also be discussed.
The workshop will include sessions on:
• Academic Freedom: Core Academic Value and Pillar of Democracy
• Building a culture of welcome at South East European institutions
• Preparing the work environment in the academic and non-academic sectors
• Career development & cross-national circulation of researchers in Europe
• Researchers at Risk: Contributions to European academy- Solidarity with Afghan and Ukrainian academics
For the detailed programme of the event, please visit https://inspireurope.auth.gr/en/workshop2022
Attached you may find the final programme of the workshop.
The official language of the workshop is English.
Participation in the event is free of charge, but registration is required.
For on-site attendance of the event, please register here
For online attendance of the event, please register here
If you require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We hope to see you all there!