Phone: 032 / 602 377
- Academic standart in Cardiology
- Cardiology program
- Topics for the semester exam in cardiology
- Topics for the state exam in internal medicine
- Sample test
The section of Cardiology is the successor to the Therapy Clinic, also known as the Third Internal Medicine Clinic. Since 2006, the Cardiology Clinic is based on the 12th floor of the Surgical Block of UMHAT “Sveti Georgi”. The head of the clinic from its founding to 1953 was Prof B. Yurukov, M.D. In the following period, until 1969, it was headed by Prof. P. Mironov, M.D.; between 1969 and 1971 – Assoc. prof. L. Apostolov, M.D., and after that – Prof. Ts. Simeonov, M.D. From 1976 to 1989, the head of the Clinic, which at that time included the departments of cardiology and hematology, was Prof. Kr. Atanasov, M.D. In 1990, the head of the newly created Cardiology Clinic became Prof. At. Dzurdzhev, M.D., and since 2007, it has been headed by Prof. F. Nikolov, M.D.
The clinic has been staffed by distinguished teachers and specialists such as:
- Prof. Iv. Karastanev, M.D.
- D. Panitsa, M.D.
- D. Dimitrov, M.D.
- Assoc. prof. T. Yovkova, M.D.
- Gyulev, M.D.
- Iv. Baltov, M.D.
- Z. Galabov, M.D.
- V. Vakrilov, M.D.
- N. Kichukov, M.D.
- B. Kirova, M.D.
- K. Pencheva, M.D.
- Kr. Kirilov, M.D.
An Interventional Unit was founded at the clinic in 1997, which in 2004 turned into a separate unit. Currently, the clinic has a total of 40 beds and includes a Functional Unit, a General Unit, and an Intensive Care Unit (10 beds).
Training of medical students, nurses, and midwives is held in the Clinic. The Clinic is a training base in Cardiology, where individual courses in the specialty are also held. Foreign language education of students is also held here, with annual participation in international exchanges of students and teachers.
Prof. Fedya Nikolov, PhD;- Head of Department
Assoc. prof. Mariya Tokmakova, PhD
Assoc. prof. Lyudmila Vladimirova-Kitova, PhD
Assoc. prof. Petar Nikolov, PhD
Assoc. prof. Ivan Manukov, PhD
Dr. Nikolay Atanasov, admin. asst. prof
Dr. Dimo Vasilev, asst. prof.
Dr. Tihomir Boev, asst. prof.
Dr. Bistra Dobreva-Yatseva, asst. prof.
Dr. Nikolay Zdravkov, asst. prof.
Dr. Krasimir Karastanev, asst. prof.
Dr. Dolina Gencheva, asst. prof.
Dr. Georgi Goranov, asst. prof.
Dr. Ivan Manolov, hired asst. prof
Dr. Dimitar Vasilev, hired asst. prof.
The main scientific directions in the clinic are:
- Ischemic heart disease
- Arterial hypertension
- Heart failure and rehabilitation
- Coagulation and fibrinolysis
- Functional examination of the cardiovascular system.
- Textbook “Cardiology” 2015, edited by prof. Tokmakova.
- P. Mironov -“Atherosclerosis”
- P. Mironov “Atherosclerotic myocardiopathy”
- N. Boshev “Human Bioconstants”
- I. Karastanev, N. Mitrev, Kr. Yazov “Vibration Disease”
- Kr. Atanasov “Thrombolytic complications in hypertensive disease and atherosclerosis and their prevention”
- D. Panitsa, A. Apostolov, M. Minchev “Auscultation of the Heart”, 1964
- At. Dzurdzhev ” Pre-excitation syndrome” 1991.
- At. Dzurdzhev “Thrombolytic Therapy in acute myocardial infarction”, 1994.
- F. Nikolov “Congenital Heart Diseases in Adults”, 2000
- L. Vladimirova et al. “Carotid echogram – a window to coronary and cerebral atherosclerosis” 2009
Dissertations for the acquisition of the scientific and educational degree Doctor of Philosophy at the Department have been defended by: P. Yanev, M.D., Yazov, M.D., L. Apostolov, M.D., K. Atanasov, M.D., Z. Batalov, M.D., T. Yovkova, M.D., T. Tsvetkova, M.D., S. Andonova, M.D., G. Grudeva, M.D., F. Nikolov, M.D., M. Tokmakova, M.D., K. Kichukov, M.D., Mohammed Al-Saadi, M.D., L. Vladimirova, M.D., Maria Tsekova, M.D., Okan Aliman, M.D., V. Velchev, M.D., V. Grigorov, M.D., P. Nikolov, M.D., D. Gencheva, M.D.
The Doctor of Science educational degree has been defended by Prof. K. Atanasov, M.D. and Prof. At. Jurdzhev, M.D.